The intern position is freelance and will last 3 months. While the position is non-paid, the intern will be given opportunities to attend interesting events around London, such as product launches, fashion shows, book fairs, cultural festivals; publish their writings and gain insider knowledge of the publishing industry. Outstanding interns will be invited to join the core team as editorial assistants and/or contributing writers.
Ideally, prospective interns would meet following requirements:
- Prior publishing, blogging or content writing experience in one or more of the above topics
- Interest in one of the following topics: politics, economy, technology, education, fashion and beauty, travel, health and relationships, and culture and events
- Ability to work independently, attend assigned events and meet set deadlines
- Familiarity with social networks, such as Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest
- An imaginative mind and a creative train of thought, positive and proactive attitude
- Fluent English, great writing skills
Duties will involve:
- Researching stories for articles, interviews, events and products
- Writing short (200-300) and long (600-800) articles on a regular basis
- Helping editorial team with posting articles online and managing social media networks
- Sometimes helping proofreading articles
- Communicating with assigned editor on a daily basis via email or skype
Please send CV, short cover letter and writing samples detailing your interest/subject matter, availability and rough ballpark figure on how many short articles you’d be able to complete per week.