Bringing together major international brands, multinational retailers, and more than 600 of the region’s most senior retail executives, the third annual 2013 World Retail Congress Asia Pacific has been confirmed for 19th – 21st March 2013 in Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, with AGI Magazine thrilled to be announced as official media partner.
he Congress intends to offer global intelligence with a strong Asia Pacific focus, focusing on the four key areas of digital, consumer, market, and retail. Speakers will cover a range of topics including the emergence of ecommerce and mobile commerce, brand adaption for Asian consumer demand, the changing retail property landscape, insights into complex Chinese consumer trends, and survival and growth strategies in the face of rising costs.
Speaking on the choice of location for the 2013 congress, Ian McGarrigle, Chairman of the World Retail Congress, said “Singapore is the gateway to Asia Pacific and to the huge markets and retail potential that exists there as well as being itself a premier global retail destination. We anticipate recording-breaking attendances, incisive commentary and thought-leading debate at the 2013 Congress. We are confident that everyone visiting the Congress will find it inspiring and of enormous strategic value”.
Speakers already confirmed for the congress include
• Scott Price, Chief Executive Officer, Walmart
• Philip Clark, Chief Executive Officer, Tesco
• Michael Hobson, Chief Marketing Officer, Mandarin Oriental
• Kent Wong, Managing Director, Chow Tai Fook
• Toru Shimada, Senior Executive Office and Director, Rakuten
• Jim McCallum, Chief Executive Officer, Robinsons, Head of Asia, Al Futtaim Group
• Richard Perry, Group Business Process Director, Dairy Farm
• Andrew Wu, Group President Greater China, LVMH
• Mimi Tang, Chief Executive Officer, Gucci
Hosted by Beijing, the 2012 World Retail Congress Asia Pacific, attracted 437 retail leaders, 79% of whom were board-level delegates from across 32 nations. Of the 2012 Congress, Mr. Lu Yan, 2012 Congress host and Director General for the Beijing Commission of Commerce said, “The World Retail Congress Asia Pacific was the biggest gathering of top international leaders of the retail industry shaping the new retail future for Asian customers. The World Retail Congress Asia Pacific certainly opened more channels of communication for everybody concerned”.